- “We told IMF/EU that further austerity was out of question”
- We will impose bank tax this year
- We aim to meet 3.8%/GDP budget deficit target this year
- We can negotiate about bank tax but not about this year’s tax
- CBank also has to comply with planned salary ceiling in public sector
- Hungary may negotiate with EU/IMF seperately by the end of the year
Forint down about 2.4% in early Monday trading at 288.80 to euro after talks between the centre-right government and international lenders were suspended at the weekend.