ICYMI - Currency intervention in the US cross hairs
This from Friday but an ICYMI on measures discussed in the US - China trade talks.
- US and China have agreed to greater disclosure of economic actions in an effort, say US
- officials, to deter China from currency manipulation
- deal could include penalties for China if it manipulates the yuan to increase exports
Report is from the Wall Street Journal, citing unnamed sources.
US Treasury Secretary Mnuchin in an interview:
- The fundamental issue on currency across the board is we want to make sure people meet their obligations, that they don't devalue their currency for competitive purposes
Adds the Journal:
- The trade deal is still under negotiation and American officials caution that nothing will be final until both sides agree on all points