An IMF Article IV report on Germany
- A sustained rise in German wages and CPI is needed to help lift Eurozone inflation and facilitate a normalisation of monetary policy
- Germany should use its available fiscal space for initiatives to enhance its growth potential
- Such initiatives should include investment in digital and physical infrastructure
- Recommends Germany makes pension reforms to make it more attractive to work longer
- German mortgage market warrants close monitoring
- The cyclical upturn will continue in the short-term
Fancy that, two reports on Germany on the same day.