Italy ministers quit coalition. Puts Premier Conte at risk
Italy's Conte government is at risk.
Matteo Renzi's, leader of the Italia Viva party, says that his party ministers are resigning, putting PM Conte's government at risk.
- Italy has to tackle pandemic, education infrastructure
- Party has faith in Italy's president to handle crisis
- takes courage to pull out of government now
- as no veto against anyone as prime minister
- there is no way he will join a government with the right
- It is up to Conte to decide next step, says he is open to all discussions
- He is ready to join an institutional government or support the current majority
- Does not rule out new government led by Conte
- He does not believe there will be new elections, 'nobody wants that'
The EURUSD moved to a new session low on the news but did find buyers against the lows from yesterday at 1.21364. The low price reached 1.21389 and is trading back at 1.2152 at the moment.