Earthquake intensity revised from M7.3, earlier depth reported at 20km
This is a powerful earthquake, and quite shallow
More details in earlier posts (links below)
- Tokyo earthquake reports - Japan prelim magnitude 7.3 - off Fukushima
- Japan earthquake - No abnormality found at Onagawa nuclear power plant
- Japan earthquake - more - tsunami alert, nuclear plants said to be OK
- Japan earthquake update - tsunami advisory still in effect - multiple aftershocks
- Japan earthquake update - nuclear plant cooling concerns
- Japan earthquake update - TEPCo said to be planning restart of cooling system
Evacuation advice is still in effect, get out and stay out until advice cleared.
Tsunami advisories and alerts are also still in place, move away from coasts and rivers to higher ground, and stay there until advice cleared.