Japan's Kono says trade war has major effects on global economy
Japanese foreign minister Taro Kono speaks in Tokyo
- Japan has made requests on intellectual property rights
- Made some requests of China on steel overproduction
- Japan can cooperate on specific Belt-Road projects
- Will hold high-level Japan-China meeting in China
- Have agreed would like to hold the meeting next year
Do note that Japan and China are holding bilateral economic talks for the first time in eight years today.
And it sets the stage for the Abe-Trump summit that is due to take place later this week on Wednesday.