Kudlow: Overall economic burden of trade war will shift more to China than US
Speaking at the Peterson Institute
- White House intends for Pres. Trump to meet China's Xi at G20 but not formalized it
- The Fed will act on it's own time
- Pres. have opinions on monetary policy
- He has a point of view and makes it be know
- I have said the Fed was too high by 50 basis points in the past.
- We can't have a balanced agreement because we have such an unbalanced relationship with China. There a lot of wrongs that need to be righted.
- Pres has indicated a strong desire to meet with Xi, but he has said that if there is not a meeting, there will be consequences.