Hong Kong leader Carrie Lam out with a few comments 14 July
- city needs stronger leadership in financial sector
- concerned about market manipulation
- Xi's comments on "red lines" re HK were clear, not blunt
- hopes HK can sign comprehensive agreement with China over Belt & Road projects
- has not been given a timetable from Beijing on Article 23
- HK society still very polarized, still very confrontational
- in her 5 years she will faithfully defend rule of law
- HK needs to rehearse contingency plans to prepare for another financial crisis
Lam is responding after a recent visit from China's president Xi which proved a little uncomfortable.
I posted here under the title China's Xi fires a warning shot as he swears in new Hong Kong leader.
Lam and Xi, all smiles for the camera at least