March factory orders and revisions to durable goods orders
- Prior was +1.0% (revised to +1.2%)
- Factory orders ex transportation -0.3% vs +0.4% prior
- Durable goods orders +0.9% vs +0.7% expected
- Durable goods orders were initially reported at +0.7% vs +1.3% expected
- Capital goods orders nondefense ex-air +0.5% vs +0.2% initially reported
- Capital goods shipments nondef ex-air +0.5% vs +0.4% initially
Factory orders ex transportation are a sizeable miss but there's some better news in capital orders and shipments.
Overall, it's still an economy that's unwilling to invest but that's old news.
The US dollar slumped on the headlines and that's helped the euro to the best levels of the day, above 1.0940.