Markit/JMMA Japan Services PMI for February, 48.5
- prior was 51.3
Markit/JMMA Japan Composite PMI for February, 50.0
- prior was 51.7
Not a great result for Japan's services PMI this month.
From the report ...
- Service sector activity falls, while new business remains just inside growth territory
- Input price inflation eased at Japanese services firms
- Business sentiment strengthens
Amy Brownbill, Economist at Markit:
- "Business activity contracted in February, while new orders growth slowed to a marginal pace signalling a general weakening of business conditions in the Japanese service sector.
- Subsequently, service sector providers reduced their staff numbers for the first time since June 2014 in February.
- Contrasting with the underwhelming business conditions highlighted by the latest data, expectations regarding business activity over the next 12 months remained positive, with the degree of sentiment the strongest since September 2014".