More from Gundlach - Gold doing well, the Fed is manipulating US Treasuries
Gundlach is a founder of DoubleLine Capital, earlier remarks here:
And, he hasn't stopped (these headlines from his webcast, via Reuters):
- 'we think the dollar will close the year down'
- US deficits "are showing no signs of going away"
- S&P500 outperforming the fangs since mid-2018, which he thinks will be the secular peak of the stock market
- if budget deficit and current account deficit increase, that could be a "precursor" for further decline in the dollar
- budget deficit may get "much, much worse in the next recession" -webcast
- US government has a very bad debt-to-income problem, even in a supposedly growing economy; he says in recession, this problem will be a lot worse
- true liabilities of the US government are up there at $23-24 trillion -webcast
- copper-gold ratio signaling 10-year treasury yields 'kinda make sense right now'
- 2019 investing environment is opposite of last year's: 'gold is making money, bitcoin is making money, stocks are making money, bonds are making money'
- UST yields would be at 6% if they were not manipulated by the Fed