China's president still speaking in Davos debut 17 Jan
That headline is from the president of China. He's having a laugh surely huh?
- world must say no to protectionism
- need to remain committed to free trade
- protectionism is like locking oneself in a dark room which all light and air are kept out
Oh yep btw, talking of human rights...
- emerging markets and developing countries need greater voice in global decision making
- no country should view its own development path as the only one, not try to impose its own path on others.
I repeat. These headlines from the president of China. He's having a laugh surely huh?
- China has enormous potential for growth but faces downward pressure, many difficulties
- will adjust structure and fend off risks
- will continue to cut off capacity, deleverage
- China expected to import $8 trln of goods in 5 years
And we all bow down.