More on EU car tariffs: Will direct Lighthizer to lead negotiations on EU auto
More from EU car tariffs
There has been a little more of a lift in stocks this time. The Dow is down -160 points. It was down about -200 points earlier.
- White house officially announces up to six-month delay on decision to impose tariffs on imports of imported cars and parts.
- This is for the EU and Japanese
- will direct USTR Lighthizer to lead negotiations and update him within 180 days on auto trade talks
- will agree with commerce report that some vehicle and part's imports have weakened US economy and threaten to impair national security
- proclamation says if no trade deals are reached within 180 days he could decide whether further action, including tariffs are appropriate