On the economic calendar in Asia today – Fed speaker, China trade balance
A couple of highlights on the data agenda during Friday's trade in Asia today!
From the top ...
2100 GMT Federal Reserve's Neel Kashkari, President of the Minneapolis branch is speaking. Its a 'town hall' event, no speech text, Q&A with the audience.
2230 GMT New Zealand - BusinessNZ Manufacturing PMI for June
- prior 50.2
0110 GMT Bank of Japan Japanese Government Bond purchase operation
- 1-3, 3-5, 10-25, 25+ years remaining until maturity
Later from Japan, due at 0430 GMT is the final industrial production data for May
- Japan (preliminary ) Industrial Production 0.6% m/m in April (vs. expected 0.2%)
- Japan industrial production data out earlier - an improvement. Recap.
Trade balance for June from China
- China trade balance: expected CNY 278.5bn, prior was CNY279.12bn
- Exports y/y: expected 6.9%, prior was 7.7%
- Imports y/y: expected 3.7%, prior was -2.5%
- China trade balance: expected $45.00bn, prior was $41.66bn
- Exports: expected -1.4%, prior 1.1%
- Imports: expected -4.6%, prior was -8.5%
- New yuan loans, expected is 1700bn yuan, prior was 1180bn
- Aggregate financing RMB, expected is 1900bn, prior was 1395.2bn