PM Johnson, via Reuters
- The difficulty is around the customs union
- EU and Dublin are not talking about the proposals we are going to present (remember that Coveney comment earlier)
- We do think there is a good solution
- UK Gov't has made a considerable offer
- We are already offering a single territory fir Agriculture and agrifooods
- What we want to do is get rid of the backstop, 'that's the most important thing'
- We want changes to the political declaration.
- No point of doing Brexit if you stay locked into the customs union, and the existing agreement did just that
- Thinks we can do this with our European friends and with Dublin in a way that protects Good Friday deal
- Inevitable that he is going to come under a certain amount of shot and shell.
GBPUSD at 1.2281 on these headlines and not running with them. Optimism is remaining low about a Brexit deal.