Responses to China data coming in - like the data they are mixed
Industrial production, retail sales and fixed asset investment data (combined Jan and Feb in an attempt to account for distortions) can be found here;
- China February activity data: IP, retail sales, asset investment out now
- more here: China February activity data: retail sales, investment beats, IP miss (and how)
- and this - China NBS says expects consumption to improve in March
Bloomberg have a summary piece up, the main pints:
- unemployment sharply higher
- Industrial output … worst start to a year since 2009
- Retail sales...
- On the upside, fixed-asset investment picked up and property investment jumped
The article also contains a couple of analyst responses:
- BA: "We think that growth will stabilize and improve in the second quarter"
- Natwest" "economy will take a longer time to bottom out "
Link for even more if you'd like