Saudi Arabia cuts ties with Qatar, says for protection of national security
Reuters with the headline from 'State News Agency':
- Saudi Arabia cuts ties with Qatar, says this is for protection of national security
- Cuts all land, sea and air contacts with Qatar
Egypt cuts ties with Qatar
- Accuses Qatar of supporting terrorist groups
More ... UAE (United Arab Emirates) also cutting ties with Qatar
Oil is barely changed. I would have though we'd see a bit of upward pressure on it with these sorts of developments.
Earlier, Bahrain said on Monday it cut diplomatic relations with Qatar
- Accusing Qatar state of backing terrorism and interfering in Bahrain's internal affairs
- Bahrain also cutting air and sea contact with Qatar and was giving its citizens in Qatar 14 days to leave
- Bahrain gives Qatari diplomats 48 hours to leave
- AP: Bahrain blamed Qatar's "media incitement, support for armed terrorist activities and funding linked to Iranian groups to carry out sabotage and spreading chaos in Bahrain" for its decision.