Export data from Singapore for August
- Non-oil domestic exports flat y/y (0.0 pct y/y change against a Reuters expected of -4.1 pct)
- NODX did fall for the m/m, thou: -1.9% m/m seasonally adjusted (Reuters expected was -2.9 pct)
Breaking it down by region:
- NODX to china -5.4 pct y/y vs -16.6 pct y/y in July
- +4.8 pct y/y to the US vs -19.1 pct y/y in July
- To Europe -15.6 pct y/y vs +3.0 pct y/y in July
Those results are a bit all over the place. Overall exports not as poor as expected, which is something I guess. The US appears to the global economic powerhouse at present. The cleanest dirty shirt, right?