Tomorrow's key economic releases for the New York session
Retail sales highlights the releases
Tomorrow is a pretty heavy economic release day in the New York/North American. The data will be highlighted by the retail sales report for the month of January. The consumer makes up over two thirds of the US economy.
The key releases include:
- Retail sales. 8:30 AM ET/1330 GMT. Estimate 0.3% versus 0.3%. Ex auto estimate, 0.3% versus 0.7% last month. Ex auto and gas estimate 0.3% versus 0.5% last month. Control group estimate 0.3% versus 0.5% last month.
- Import and export price index for January. Import prices MoM estimate -0.2% versus +0.3% last month. Import prices year on year 0.2% versus 0.5%. Export prices MoM -0.1% versus -0.2% last month. Export prices YoY -0.2% estimate versus -0.7% last month
- Canada existing home sales for January. 9 AM ET/1400 GMT. Estimate -0.1% versus -0.9% last month
- Industrial production/capacity utilization. 9:15 AM ET/1415 GMT. Industrial production -0.2% estimate versus -0.3% last month. Capacity utilization 76.8% versus 77.0% last month. Manufacture production -0.1% versus +0.2% last month
- US business inventories for December. 10 AM ET/1500 GMT. Estimate 0.1% versus -0.2% last month
- University of Michigan sentiment (preliminary for February). 10 AM ET/1500 GMT. Estimate 99.4 versus 99.8 last month. Current conditions 114.0 versus 114.4 last month. Expectations 90.0 versus 90.5 last month.