Trade ideas thread - European session 14 September 2018
Daily thread to exchange ideas and to share your thoughtsHappy Friday, everyone! Hope you're all doing well as we get into the thick of the action here in European trading. It's been a subdued start all around but the dollar and yen have been the significant losers in all of this with risk sentiment in markets improving.
Some themes to consider:
- Trade rhetoric takes a back seat as markets cheer renewed US-China trade talks
- Weak US CPI report continues to weigh on the dollar, equities higher
- Yen also stays weak as market sentiment recovers further
- AUD/USD set for best weekly performance since January
- EUR/USD looks to be breaking above the 100-day MA
- Likewise, dollar index (DXY) looks to be breaking below the 100-day MA
Is the armor starting to crack in the dollar's robust move to the upside in 2018? Or is this a false down for dollar bears? What are your views on the market right now? Share your thoughts/ideas with the rest of the ForexLive community here.