Trump comments after meeting Italy's Conte
- Calls Conte 'my new friend'
- Says Italy got tired of illegal immigration
- Alongside Conte, announces new strategy initiative
- Says Italy is a great place to invest
- Addressed crucial issue of trade and commerce with Conte
Trump said he had no red lines on immigration and "I'll always leave room for negotiation."
GOP leaders don't plan to provide any wall funding before the Oct 1 start to the new fiscal year. A government shutdown could come in September or December if Trump vetoes a bill to keep it funded.