UK Brexit Secretary Barclay: focused on getting a deal
Boris has submitted his plan
- These are serious proposals (Boris's submitted plan from yesterday)
- A deal is the best way forward
- Need to negotiate with the EU on taking these proposals forward
- if there was no deal, checks would have to be put in place by the Gov't
- Delay to Brexit might require the consent of all EU members
Crunch time now as the EU decides what to do with Boris's proposals. GBPUSD underpinned yesterday on the news that EU might grant an extension, even if PM Boris Johnson did not ask for one.