Coronavirus - UK press reports a new three-tier lockdown system is being planned for England
The Guardian cites leaked government documents
- "paving the way for potential harsher restrictions"
- draft traffic-light-style plan, seen by the Guardian
- could be imposed by the government locally or nationally if Covid cases are not brought under control
- called “Covid-19 Proposed Social Distancing Framework”
- dated 30 September
- has not yet been signed off by No 10 and measures could still be watered down
- contains tougher measures than any seen so far in local lockdowns since the start of the pandemic.
More at that link above
And to reiterate, these are plans only, the piece has no indication at all on when or if these will be approved, let alone implemented.