Barclays with a quick one on what they are looking for
- We expect final demand PPI to have risen by 0.4% m/m and 2.9% y/y in November.
- For core PPI, we forecast increases of 0.2% m/m and 2.4% y/y.
- We expect solid increases in the food and energy components to boost headline PPI in November.
- Final demand PPI has gradually picked up over the past year as the drag from the energy component has diminished, and core PPI has also picked up. We expect pipeline price pressures to continue to increase at a moderate pace, reflecting that the headwinds from imported inflation and global commodity prices have abated in recent months.
Data due at 1330 GMT
While I'm at it, here is Barclays on what to expect on Wednesday's (13 December 2017) CPI data from the US:
- We forecast headline CPI at 0.4% m/m and 2.3% y/y. For core CPI, we forecast 0.2% m/m and 1.8% y/y. For the NSA CPI index, we expect a reading of 246.9.