Continuing Claims 1776K versus 1763K estimate
- initial jobless claims 229K versus 225K estimate
- The four-week average 223.75K versus 226.25K last week
- continuing claims 1776 versus 1763K estimate.
- The four-week average 1766.25 vs 1767.25 last week
- The largest increases in initial claims for the week ending March 2 were in New York (+16,253), California (+6,636),
Pennsylvania (+1,774), Oregon (+1,576), and Georgia (+661),
- The largest decreases were in Massachusetts (-4,196),
Kentucky (-3,117), Washington (-1,185), Rhode Island (-1,100), and Michigan (-756).
The data came in pretty much per expectations and continue to signal a solid employment market.