Weekly US initial jobless claims for the week of August 17
- initial jobless claims 209k versus 216K estimate
- four week average 214.5 K versus 214K last week
- continuing claims 1674K versus 1707K estimate
- four week average 1697K versus 1697.75K last week
- The largest increases in initial claims for the week ending August 10 were in California (+5,363), New York (+608), Kentucky (+423), Pennsylvania (+411), and Connecticut (+401),
- The largest decreases were in South Carolina (-374), Illinois (-337), Tennessee (-285), Alabama (-230), and North Carolina (-213).
Steady but strong numbers again for the initial jobless claims and continuing claims as well.