- U.K. BRC August Retail Sales Monitor y/y (survey -0.5%, prior 0.1%) @ 23:01 GMT.
- Japan August Monetary Base y/y (prior 8.6%) @ 23:50 GMT .
- New Zealand ANZ August commodity price index (prior -0.5%) @ 01:00 GMT.
- Japan July Labor Cash Earnings y/y (survey -0.5%, prior -0.4%) @ 01:30 GMT .
- Australia Current Account Balance ( survey -12.2B, prior -14.9B) @ 01:30 GMT.
- Australia Net Exports of GDP (survey 0.6, prior -0.5 ) @ 01:30 GMT.
- Australia RBA Interest Rate Decision and Statement (survey 3.5%, prior 3.5%) @ 04:30 GMT.
Not much on the scorecard today as the market took it’s last breath of summer holidays . Now we sit and wait on the RBA later tonight (don’t expect much) with maybe a bit of a dovish tone in their statement given recent disappointing data , but think they will play a similar “wait and see” game as the Fed . Later in the week we have the ECB meeting on Thursday and then US employment data on Friday to give us continued range bound trading . Weak numbers coming out of China are now giving hope that rate cuts or some other form of stimulus are in the cards later .
Good Luck Today .