WHO chief scientist: No evidence that any drug reducing mortality of patients
Runs counter to the implied talking points from Pres. Trump
The WHO chief scientists is on the wires saying that:
- No evidence that any drug reducing mortality of patients that have Covid 19.
He adds nevertheless that:
- experts advise the continuation of all forms of the solid parity trial including hydroxychloroquine srm
- No reason to modify clinical trial of hydroxychloroquine in Covid 19
There has been some leakage to the downside in the US stock indices of the last few minutes. The NASDAQ index is currently trading at 9649 after trading is highs 9678.77. The S&P index is trading at 3114.66 vs. a high of 3119.95.
Other Covid 19 news headlines.
UK's Johnson says:
- the air quarters only to be considered when it is a safe
- no one is safe until we all are safe from the virus
- urges people to not move outdoor gatherings indoors if it rains
- there could be a 2nd wave of virus across the world
- the UK chief science advisor adds have to tread cautiously in lifting UK lockdown
in Italy, PM Conte is saying:
- facts show that virus has disappeared
- virus reconstruction is the time for long-delayed reforms
- government working to speed up 8 payments
Italy reports 321 new coronavirus cases vs. 318 on Tuesday. The death toll rose by 71 vs. 55 on Tuesday
New York said that the cases rose by 0.3% vs. the 7 day average of 0.4%.
Finally New Jersey's governor Murphy is out saying:
- deaths reach 11,880 and cases reach 162,068
- he urges protesters to keep distance and wear masks during George Floyd demonstrations.
- At least 6 demonstrations today in New Jersey