Yonhap (South Korean news agency) quotes military sources saying Parts of THAAD system have arrived in Sth. Korea
US reports (Stars and Stripes) also:
- The first parts of the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense system known as THAAD arrived at Osan Air Base on the divided peninsula shortly after Pyongyang launched four ballistic missiles into the sea near Japan on Monday
- "The first elements of THAAD arrived within the last 24 hours. It's here now," U.S. Forces Korea spokesman Christopher Bush told Stars and Stripes Tuesday morning
- It says further that the "plans met with several obstacles, including adamant opposition from China"
- the THAAD is designed to destroy short-and-medium range missiles at a high altitude
- Patriot missiles long employed by the alliance would work at a lower level
I bet China is not the only ones who are unhappy with its arrival, but the new 'do does look great: