Canada Sept average weekly earnings +6.9% vs +7.91% y/y prior
Sept payroll employment, earnings and hours report from Canada
- Average wages little changed at $1,111 per week with pandemic losses more concentrated among lower-paid workers
- Payroll employment +337K in Sept
- Payroll employment -1.2m since Feb
- Total employment rose 378K and is -720K since Feb
- Hours worked +1.6% in Sept
This is old data as Statistics Canada already released the October jobs report, which showed 83.6K jobs versus 75.0K expected. Unemployment fell to 8.9% from 9.0%.