The major indices are trading mixed at the open for the day/week.
Looking at the major indices:
- Dow Industrial Average's trading up 25 points or 0.06% at 34645
- S&P index is down 3 points or -0.06% at 4447.70
- NASDAQ index is down 19 points or 0.14% at 13688.12
Last week the S&P and NASDAQ index both fell sharply on Friday, turning a gain for the week into a decline for the week (S&P fell -0.16%, while the NASDAQ fell -0.39%). The Dow Industrial Average rose 0.12%.
Looking at the US debt market, yields are higher today:
- 2 year yield is getting more comfortable above the 5% level at 5.0645% up 3.1 basis points
- 10 year yield is trading at 4.349% after trading as high as 4.415% earlier today. That was the highest yield going back to October 2007
- 30 year yield is at 4.429%
in other markets:
- Crude oil is trading up $0.24 or 0.26% at $91.01
- Spot gold is trading up $1.61 or 0.08% at $1925.24
- Bitcoin is trading above the $27,000 level $27300