- Prior month 744M (were expecting 777M last month) was revised lower to 725K
- New home sales annualized rate comes in better than expected at 811K vs 759K estimate.
- New home sales were up 11.9% from November's revised 725K
- New home sales is -14.0% below the December 2020 estimate of 943K
- an estimated 762,000 new homes were sold in 2021. This is a 7.3% below the 2020 figure of 822,000
- median sale price of new homes in December was $377,700
- the average sales price was $457,300
- the sales to inventory is at 6.0 months. That is below the 6.5 month ratio last month.
Existing home sales last week came in at 6.18M vs 6.42M estimate.