- Prior was +1.6%
- Durables ex-transportation -0.6% versus +0.6% expected
- Prior ex-transportation +0.7%
- Durable ex defense -2.7% versus +1.6% prior
- Nondefense capital ex air +-0.3% versus 0.5% expected.
- Prior month was +1.0%
- Shipments 0.0% after five consecutive monthly increases
- Unfilled orders +0.4% and up 13 consecutive months
- Inventories +0.4% and up 13 consecutive months as well
For the full report from the US Census bureau click here
These numbers had been running strong for a number of months but this is a stumble. This is the first decline in the headline after four months of gains. The rising price of commodities is making it tough for supplies are buyers to manage.