CFTC Commitments of Traders: Euro longs drop from record
CFTC Commitments of Traders highlights for the week ending April 24, 2018:
- EUR long 131K vs 151K long last week.
- GBP long 37K vs 48K long last week.
- JPY long 1K vs 3K long last week.
- CHF short 10K vs 11K short last week.
- CAD short 25K vs 30K long last week.
- AUD short 3k vs 10K short last week.
- NZD long 24K vs 27K long last week.
- Last week's data
The euro net long hit a record last week and naturally, that was a signal to get out of a crowded trade. In turn, the euro dropped and specs sold out.
The sterling long trade was also punished and continues to get beaten up.
Will US dollar buying continue? There are still certainly plenty of places to squeeze.