FX option expiries for the 1400 GMT cut - 15 May 2018
Here is what's on the board - via DTCC
- EUR/USD: 1.1775 (EUR 408m), 1.1940 (1.1bn), 1.1950 (886m), 1.1990-00 (1.3bn)
- USD/JPY: 108.00-10 (USD 949m), 108.60 (1.1bn), 109.00 (460m), 109.50-60 (711m), 110.00 (895m), 110.25 (455m)
- GBP/USD: 1.3500 (GBP 446m)
- AUD/USD: 0.7500 (AUD 1.7bn)
- NZD/USD: 0.6850 (NZD 396m)
- EUR/GBP: 0.8860 (EUR 757m)
Key ones are highlighted in bold. Some large ones in EUR/USD may be a point of attraction towards the US session later, but the dollar is staying bid right now so those prices could act more as a cap than a floor given the market condition right now. If we do move beyond 1.1950, then look towards a range given further expiries near the figure level at 1.2000.
For USD/JPY, look out for the expiry at the figure level as that could be what pins down the pair as yields look to break out on the day. But I would reckon if yields do indeed make a run for it, the pair would follow suit especially if the 110.00 level breaches.
The last key one to watch is for AUD/USD, and that should help keep the pair underpinned with another large expiry tomorrow at the same level.
For more info on how to use this data, you may refer to this post here.