NASDAQ index leads the way
And they're off....
The major US indices are opening with gains led by the NASDAQ index.
A snapshot of the major indices currently shows:
- S&P index up 29 points or 0.86% at 3412.60
- NASDAQ index up 135 points or 1.23% at 11191.50
- Dow industrial average up 207 points or 0.73% at 28201
A snapshot of other markets currently shows:
- Spot Gold up $9.30 or 0.47% at $1966.10
- Spot silver is trading up $0.23 or 0.86% at $27.35
- WTI crude oil futures are trading up $0.39 or 1.05% at $37.66
In the US debt market, yields are higher but steady:
- 2 year, unchanged at 0.137%
- 5 year up 0.3 basis points at 0.267%
- 10 year up 0.6 basis points at 0.678%
- 30 year up 1.3 basis points at 1.425%
In the forex, the AUD remains the strongest of the major currencies, while the USD remains the weakest. The USDJPY has made a move to the downside
(JPY moving higher) in the early NY trading. It is currently trading at session lows and looks to test the August 31 swing low at 105.289.