CFTC Commitment of Traders: The GBP shorts increased and is the largest spec position of the majors
Forex futures positioning data among non-commercial traders for the week ending July 9, 2019.
- EUR short 36K vs 31K short last week. Shorts increased by 5K
- GBP short 73K vs 64K short last week. Shorts increased by 9K
- JPY short 4K vs 1K short last week. Short increased by 3K
- CHF short 10k vs 11k short last week. Shorts trimmed by 1K
- AUD short 54k vs 58k short last week. Shorts trimmed by 4K
- NZD short 22K vs 24K short last week. Shorts trimmed by 2K
- CAD long 9K vs 6K long last week. Longs increased by 3K
- Prior week
AUD shorts is the 2nd largest spec position at short 54K. The currency moved lower earlier in the week - bottoming on Wednesday. The currency has been rising since then and currently tests its 100 day MA at 070209. Key level for traders in the new week.