Dow & S&P worst month since 2008. S&P falls -20% for the quarter. All indices are in the red going back a year.
The US stocks are ending the day with declines across the board but by differing degrees.
For the month, the Dow and S&P had the worst month since 2008. The Dow posted the worst Q1 ever. The S&P fell an even -20.00% for the quarter (which is a bit ironic).
The final numbers are showing:
- S&P index fell -42.06 points ro -1.6% at 2584.59
- Nasdaq index fell -74.05 points or -0.95% at 7700.10
- Dow index fell -410.32 points or -1.84% at 21917.16
For the month, the major indices are showing:
- S&P index fell -12.51%
- NASDAQ index fell -10.12%
- Dow fell -13.74%
For the quarter, the final numbers for the 1Q are showing:
- S&P index fell -20.00%
- NASDAQ index fell -14.18%
- Dow fell -23.2%
Going back 1 year, all the major indices are now showing declines
- S&P index, -8.81%
- NASDAQ index, -0.38%
- Dow industrial average, -15.47%