European indices end the session with mixed results
Spain's Ibex bucks the negative trendThe major European indices are ending the session with mixed results. Spain's Ibex buck the trend with solid gains. France's CAC and UK FTSE 100 is near unchanged. The German DAX is lower.
- German DAX, -0.7%
- France's CAC, +0.1%
- UK's FTSE 100, +0.1%
- Spain's Ibex, +1.5%
- Italy's FTSE MIB, -0.5%
- S&P index -21.57 points or -0.56% at 3855. The low price reached 3805.59
- NASDAQ index -223 points or -1.66% at 13307. The low price reached 13003.98
- Dow industrial average -87 points or -0.27% at 31437. The low price reached 31158.76
- the Russell 2000 index is also sharply lower at -1.89%.
In the forex, the GBP remains the strongest, while the CHF is the weakest. The USD is mixed and off the high of the day.
- Spot gold is trading down $3.30 or -0.19% AT $1806.30
- Spot silver is trading down $0.56 or -2.01% at $27.56
- WTI crude oil futures for April delivery are down $0.08 or -0.13% at $61.32