Dow closes marginally higher
The US border indices are closing lower on the day but well off the worst levels. The Dow industrial average is closing marginally higher.
A look at the final numbers are showing.
- S&P index fell -14.47 points or -0.39% to 3694.94
- NASDAQ index fell -13.122 points or -0.10% to 12742.53
- Dow rose 36.94 points or 0.12% to 30215.99
Although the broader indices close lower, the gains off the lows were impressive.
- The S&P index was down -1.97% the lows
- the NASDAQ index is down -1.81% the lows
- the Dow industrial average was down -1.4% at the lows
Despite the declines in the S&P and NASDAQ, the come back off the lows was significant.