Nasdaq closes at all time high. Big gains for the techs today
Bank earnings kick off earnings tomorrow morning
The US stock are closing with solid gains led by the tech heavy Nasdaq. The Nasdaq closed at a record level and just off the highs.
- The S&P is closing up 24.29 points or 0.88% at 2798.31
- The NASDAQ is closing up 107.30 points or 1.39% at 7823.92. That is a record
- The Dow is closing up 224 points or 0.91%
Remember, banks kick start the earnings tomorrow morning with Citigroup, JP Morgan and Wells Fargo reporting. They have not had a great year.
Citigroup closed the year at $74.41. It trades at $68.51
JP Morgan closed 2017 at 106.94. It is closing nearly unchanged at 106.85.
Wells Fargo closed at $60.67. It closed today at $56.03
- intuitive surgical rose 4.12%
- Twitter rose 3.19% on upgrades
- Celgene rose 2.76%.
- Adobe rose 2.72%
- Alphabet rose 2.64%
- Cisco rose 2.37%
- Amazon rose 2.37%
- Intel rose 2.29%
- Facebook rose 2.19%
- Microsoft rose 2.17%
and the list goes on....
The big loser today was Broadcom. It fell -13.76% after its takeover bid for CA was met with not that great of a reception from the investing public.