The AUD is the strongest. The JPY is the weakest as NA trader enter for day.
USD is mixed
As the North American traders enter for the day, the AUD is the strongest while the JPY is the weakest and continues its move higher. The USD is mixed with gains vs the EUR, JPY, CHF and losses vs he CAD and AUD. The NZD and GBP are near unchanged.
Looking at the changes and ranges, the JPY pairs are on the move higher. They also have the largest trading ranges for the day. Stocks are higher, after the European sharp declines yesterday and the more modest fall in the US. As a reminder, some banks report earnings tomorrow morning with JPM, Citigroup and Wells Fargo scheduled to report.
A snapshot of other markets are showing:
- spot gold is trading up $2 or +0.16% at $1243.90
- WTI crude oil futures are trading up $.53 or 0.75% at $70.91
- Bitcoin is trading lower. It is down -$165 at $6188
US stocks are expected to open higher.
- Dow futures imply a gain of 185 points
- S&P futures imply a gain of 13 points
- NASDAQ futures imply a gain of 31 points
European stocks are higher:
- German DAX is up 0.5%
- France's CAC is up 0.8%
- UK's FTSE is of 0.9%
US yields are trading higher with the yield curve flattening:
European 10 year note yields are mixed: