US initial jobless claims and continuing claims
- Initial jobless claims 204K versus 218K estimate
- 4 week moving average for jobless claims 216.2 5K versus 224K last week
- Continuing claims 1767K versus 1750K estimate
- 4 week moving average for continuing claims 1755.5K vs 1745K last week
- The largest increases in initial claims for the week ending January 4 were in New York (+26,462), Georgia (+12,929),
South Carolina (+5,290), Texas (+3,420), and Connecticut (+3,168),
- The largest decreases were in New Jersey
(-7,530), Iowa (-5,752), Michigan (-5,689), Ohio (-5,184), and Illinois (-4,758).
Good jobless claims data but can be influenced by seasonals at this time of the year.