US stocks are open and the changes are modest
Small gains/losses in the early trading
The US stocks are open and the changes are modest at the start. The snapshot is showing:
Iin other markets, US yields ond down a bp or so.
- S&P index, 0.65 points or 0.2% at 2944.70
- NASDAQ index, -6.243 points or -0.8% at 7999.45
- Dow industrial average +17.57 points or 0.07% at 26745.13
- two-year (auction later in the day) is at 1.729%, -0.2 basis points
- 5 year 1.732%, -1.5 basis points
- 10 year 1.998%, -1.5 basis points
- 30 year 2.529%, -1.5 basis points
Spot gold is trading up $9.50 or 0.68% at $1429.40
WTI crude oil futures have moved higher by $.41 or 0.71% at $58.30.
The price of bitcoin on Coinbase, is off higher levels but is still up $387 and $11,241.67. The high price reached $11,470.20
The NZD remains the weakest of the major currencies, while the CHF is still the strongest. The USD has weakened since the start of the NY session but remains mixed.