Nasdaq leading the way
The US major stock indices are opening higher on the back of US/China trade hopes.
The snapshot of the major indices are showing:
- S&P index, +10.35 points or 0.35% at 3002.06
- NASDAQ index +35 points or 0.43% at 8147.20
- Dow industrial average up 96 points or 0.36% at 27046
In the US debt market, yields are moving lower from the early NY levels:
In other markets,:
- Gold is down $-2.73 or -0.18% at 1519.29
- WTI crude oil futures are trading down $0.41 or -0.70% at $58.20
In the forex, nine minutes after the stock opening, the NZD has taken over as the strongest of the majors (RBNZ decision in the new day tomorrow) from the GBP. The JPY and USD remain the weakest of the majors.