NASDAQ index and S&P index closed at record high levels yesterday
The major US stock indices are opening higher. The S&P index trades to a new record high. The NASDAQ index is still below its all-time intraday high yesterday at 13728.98. The high price so far has reached 13702.688. The Dow Jones is still a ways off of its all-time intraday high at 31272.22. The high price today has reached 31121.42.
A snapshot of the markets currently shows:
- S&P index up 9.24 points or 0.25% 3865.03
- NASDAQ index up 34.88 points or 0.26% 13672
- Dow industrial average up 138 points or 0.45% at 31100
in other markets as stock trading gets underway:
- spot gold is trading down $0.92 -0.05% at $1855.05.
- Spot silver is up $0.14 or 0.56% a $25.49
- WTI crude oil futures are up $0.22 or 0.42% of $53
- bitcoin is trading down $1530 or -4.67% that $31204
In the forex, the USD has moved lower in early NY trading
and is the weakest of the majors. The NZD remains the strongest currency today.
In the US debt market, the yields remain higher from the the start of the North American session. The 10 year yield is up 1.2 basis points. The 30 year yield is up 1.3 basis points. Later today at 1 PM ET, the US treasury will auction off 5 year notes. The current 5 years trading at 0.41% up 0.8 basis points on the day.