July breakdown of seasonal trends:
Yesterday we published four top seasonal forex trades for July. It's a solid month for seasonals and there are a few trends worth keeping an eye on.
Here is also the seasonal scorecard for June
Some bonus seasonal notes:
- July is the third best month for gold over the past 30 years
- July is the third best month for stocks since 2005 but over the longer term it's an average month
- July is the second best month for AUD since 2005 but it's declined in the past two consecutive years but an average of 1.6%
- USD/CAD has declined in 5 of the past 6 Julys but over the past 30 years it's an average month.
- Last July ran extremely counter-seasonal, right across the board