The Chinese central bank has said that the proportion of cash which lenders has set aside will drop by 0.5% on February 24th, Bloomberg reports. The idea is to try and reinvigorate a slowing economy, by helping domestic demand fill the void being made by falling exports. The PBOC face the tricky task of doing this whilst keeping inflation under control.
Don't miss a thing - get a daily digest of ForexLive.com articles sent directly to your inbox every 24 hours. Subscribe today and also receive Adam Button's 8 Secrets to Trading the News.
* indicates required. By subscribing to this form you opt-in to occasional messages from our partners.
- Jccampen on Technical Analysis (VIDEO): Why to look for a break in the EURUSD next week
- Denis on CFTC Commitments of Traders: Kiwi longs finally squeezed out
- pk on We have a huge announcement to make on Monday
- Andres on We have a huge announcement to make on Monday
- Aaron Burr on Keep betting on the euro to fall, BNP Paribas analysts say