The Chinese central bank has said that the proportion of cash which lenders has set aside will drop by 0.5% on February 24th, Bloomberg reports. The idea is to try and reinvigorate a slowing economy, by helping domestic demand fill the void being made by falling exports. The PBOC face the tricky task of doing this whilst keeping inflation under control.
Don't miss a thing - get a daily digest of ForexLive.com articles sent directly to your inbox every 24 hours. Subscribe today and also receive Adam Button's 8 Secrets to Trading the News.
* indicates required. By subscribing to this form you opt-in to occasional messages from our partners.
- Ryan Latorre on CitiFX View that USD/JPY can run to 107/108 and even 110 by year end … cite 3 reasons
- David on Nikkei: “Tokyo government may start playing the stock market”
- Henry V on UK’s Osborne set to miss borrowing target this year
- Grigory Ginzburg on There’s the pre-Yellen trade and the post-Yellen trade
- Bluedolphin on Poll: Will Yellen be hawkish or dovish?