The Chinese central bank has said that the proportion of cash which lenders has set aside will drop by 0.5% on February 24th, Bloomberg reports. The idea is to try and reinvigorate a slowing economy, by helping domestic demand fill the void being made by falling exports. The PBOC face the tricky task of doing this whilst keeping inflation under control.
Don't miss a thing - get a daily digest of ForexLive.com articles sent directly to your inbox every 24 hours. Subscribe today and also receive Adam Button's 8 Secrets to Trading the News.
* indicates required. By subscribing to this form you opt-in to occasional messages from our partners.
- carlos on Cable flirting with ninth consecutive day of declines
- James on Trade ideas thread Tuesday 29 July 2014
- BigBangTheory on Trade ideas thread Tuesday 29 July 2014
- Eamonn Sheridan on Economic data due from Japan today
- Steve on Trade ideas thread Tuesday 29 July 2014