Traders not small bids on the order books at the 1.3050/55 level, the area that capped the rally earlier in the session. The rally following the FOMC statement and the news that Berlusconi will stop making mischief if Monti runs for PM reached 1.3098 before protection of 1.3100 barriers halted the rise. Also helping the dollar was Bernanke’s assertion that QE is not limitless. That was a new twist.
Don't miss a thing - get a daily digest of ForexLive.com articles sent directly to your inbox every 24 hours. Subscribe today and also receive Adam Button's 8 Secrets to Trading the News.
* indicates required. By subscribing to this form you opt-in to occasional messages from our partners.
- CreditPhil on 12% chance of Carrington event in the next decade sending civilisation back to back to the 18th century
- Big Bad John on Its … The TGIF Trade ideas thread – 25 July 2014
- Mungo on HSBC – NZD may hit parity against the AUD by the end of the year
- majimaji on What’s the verdict on the kiwi dollar?
- Marcus on 12% chance of Carrington event in the next decade sending civilisation back to back to the 18th century