ECB's Jazbec says tapering decision has been postponed but is inevitable
ECB governing council member Jazbec across the wires 14 Sept
- ECB still monitoring macro developments, clearly going as we expected
- EUR strength reflect robusts EZ economy
- we're exploring ways to support our measures
- More data needed to confirm what ECB is doing is in line with mandate
- ECB policy should be understood as package of instruments
That last comment in response to a question about buying new asset classes.
Nothing of real note here imho. We know the ECB will taper and now expected to make some announcement around December so the postponement Jazbec mentions probably refers to the Sept/Oct expectations.
EURUSD suitably unfazed at 1.1898 but just off 1.1910 highs.
ECB's Jazbec - More data required but tapering is inevitable